Monday, June 9, 2014

Sympathy

I'm up on the Linnie Blooms blog today sharing a sympathy card for a sweet co-worker who recently lost her mom.

I used on of the Linnie Blooms canvas shapes and inked it up with Tim Holtz Broken China and Sapphire distress inks.  I was going to try to make a flower out of it.....but I decided instead to cut it out to add a "frame" around the image (which is from Unity Stamp Company {may hope sustain you}).  I love the extra texture that the canvas brings to my cards.  The image is colored with Tim Holtz distress watercolors, and the patterned paper is from Carta Bella So Noted.



Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Before you go, be sure to check out:

Linnie Blooms Catalog/Shop  

Submitting it to the Blitsy "Blue" Challenge!

Craftily yours,

Karen

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Karen!!! I am sorry I haven't commented for awhile...it's just been crazy busy with graduation stuff even though I have tried to keep up with your blog. :) Things are finally slowed down, so I am getting caught up with commenting on my favorite peeps' blogs:) Absolutely LOVE this card...but when haven't I loved something of yours. It has been such an honor to watch you grow and blossom from our days on the CC DT ... and even from CIO DT days. Keep up the GREAT work!!! And keep up the inspiration!!!

    {{HUGS}} Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderfully done...your friend will surely treasure this comforting keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! LOVE the colors and your layered materials!!!

    ReplyDelete